Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Christmas in July, punch art Bauble

Pin It
Hi all, its been so cold here!!!! our town has sold out of hot water bottles! we've been using one each night to go to bed and were wanting to get 3 more for our kids, they have gone to a smaller town an hour from here to do STORM CO. (service to others really matters) they run a kids club with crafts, clowning, games, puppets, music etc.. for a week of the school holidays and do a community service in the afternoons, this year its cleaning up the hospital gardens. So they are going to freeze!! but i know God will bless both them and the families that attend. Good on ya guys! I have also been working hard to update my blog.....you will notice lots of new things to look at ( the header pic is my tiny studio where i hang out and create, and i have all my links in the top tabs plus stampin ups stuff down the new left side bar which my son helped me work out...Thanks Ben your a gem!!)and i hope you like and enjoy my new look blog...any who what you read next will be a laugh for all you American stampin up ladies. We don't have the bauble punch here in our catalogues hopefully soon in our new cat. in September so i came up with this version of the bauble punch but the laughable thing is that it takes 5 punches to make your 1 bauble punch .....that's ok this is for the Australian ladies or those who don't have that great punch yet!
so Ive made mine with stampin ups.....

large heart
Wide oval
scallop oval
large oval
spiral (1 section)

Ive layered the heart on top of the wide oval making sure the side are matching in shape, add the one section from the spiral punch for the hanger then ran this through the emboss folder, layered over the top of the heart is the scallop oval then the large oval with a stamped message. Added some crystal effects to the scallops and some glitter.


So this is my Stampin up attempt to do a Christmas card without having any Christmas punches or stamp sets yet (besides a few sayings) .....i hope you Australian ladies will enjoy this as we wait for this beautiful punch to arrive on our soil! enjoy :)
Blessings to you


and a last thought

Yet the Lord still waits for you to
come to Him, so He can show you His love;
He will conquer you to bless you,
just as He said. For the Lord is faithful
to His promises. Blessed are all those who
wait for Him to help them.
Isaiah 30:18


10 comments:

Diane said...

Very modern and very elegant. Keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card Valita.

Cindy

Leigh said...

This is fabulous Valita. Love the ingenuity you show.

Anonymous said...

I am one American stamper that will use your beautiful ornament to add variety to my Christmas crafting. The ornament punch was one of the things i just had to have and now with all of the ideas on of other uses, it is more fun than ever.
I look at your ornament and see a rounded Christmas tree. I will play with that some time.
Thanks for the post

Patricia Gessner said...

I think this is a great idea Valita. It would be fun for those of us in the US as well. Thank you for sharing.

AndreaA said...

Valita, I love your video's.
I don't have this punch that you were referring to so I will try your method.
Thanks, bunches!!

Philippa Petty said...

Hi Valita, thank you for sharing your great idea's. I just wanted to let you know that I have completed one of your great Tardis card's for my husbands birthday. He loved it and I just wanted to say thanks. Here's the link if you want to check out the card.

http://cardsfromthecauldron.blogspot.com/2010/07/dr-who.html

Thanks again
Philippa

katou said...

This is a so very original idea.Thank you for sharing it with us.

Merry said...

Brilliant card.....

Bev said...

I love your punched bauble and adore hearing your aussie accent (since I have one myself!) You are an ideas woman Valita!