Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

heart Christmas pudding card

Pin It
Open in Mobile App Hi all, sitting here in humid hot weather :( with an ear ache that dose not help much. Anyway I'm off to the doctor in and hour so I wanted to get this up and survive the heat for the rest of the day. Beth comes home from Bali on Thursday and Ben has been home now for a couple of weeks. Madaleine finishes school for the year next week and plans so far for Christmas is to spend some time with my Mum and Dad. I've also finished a few doily's. You can find all the links to those patterns on my Pinterest board http://pinterest.com/valitareynolds/crafts-i-ve-made/




 I got the inspiration for this tutorial from a little felt Christmas decoration in the shape of a heart but made to look like a Christmas pudding. I think its come up pretty cute as a gift card. See all the supply's needed in the pic below to make a whole bunch for yourself, they were supper quick to put together and you could also try this same concept with different size hearts on a regular shaped card. Enjoy!


 Blessings to you




and a last thought
A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light 
and my salvation; whom shall I fear? 
the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
 Psalm 27:1



10 comments:

Phyllis Beaver said...

I hope you feel much better very soon! It was 70 degrees here this evening...way too warm for Illinois (the States) in December! I always enjoy your videos, even when I don't comment. Thanks for doing them! And get better very soon!

voyager said...

Valita, I hope u are feeling better this evening. I live in Austin, TX & it has been in the 80's here for the last few days & is going to continue the rest of the week. Oh, well, I'm very thankful for the nice weather.
I love the card! Thank u so much for the tutorial & idea. Feel better!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful card design....I don't have the Spellbinders but guessing I could use the petal punch to make leaves....lovely job on your doilies as well...I especially like the long white one. Thanks for sharing and glad to hear your family will all be home for the Holidays!

Carol Carriveau said...

Sooooo sorry, I meant to say thank you for your video (always enjoy them!) and that I hope you feel better VERY soon....I've had an ear infection before and know what pain you are in. Take good care!

Caroline said...

I hope you feel better soon and I love the card and thanks for the tutorial. Caroline xxx

terrie said...

I hope you feel better soon...
your heart card turned out so nice.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Take Care

Jessica said...

Great idea! You must always be busy with something. The doilies are are gorgeous. I really love the long one. Spectacular! It's always a favorite email day when I have something new from you in my inbox. Take care and enjoy having all the kids home for Christmas. I hope your ear is better soon. Big hugs, Jess

TLady said...

Valita!
HOPE you're feeling better now that you've seen the doctor!
LOVE your little Christmas pudding card!!!! (Would you believe, I'm just getting those heart dies for Christmas?) :) AND I LOOOOOOVE your doilies! ESPECIALLY, the large one!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Very cute little gift card - great idea and quick! I hope that you are feeling better soon - earaches are no fun! Your doilies are all beautiful- you are a very skilled! We are having warm weather here in this part of WI. The other day we had a temperature of 62 degrees – in December – in Wisconsin! People were wearing shorts! Wishing you a good day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Sonia said...

Love the crochet doilies. Hope you feel better.
Merry Christmas!!!!
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com